Faron Young Is One Of The Most Legendary Artist’s In Country Music History. here’s 6 Things You May Not Know About Him
Faron Young is one of Country Music's most legendary names and artist's. It was in 2000 that Faron was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, joining other iconic country music artist's like Hank Williams, Lefty Frizzell, Roy Acuff and Webb Pierce.
There are so many great Faron Young classic's, and perhaps the one people remember most was the hit written by another legend, Willie Nelson, 'Hello Walls'.
1) Many people know that the great Faron Young was from the state of Louisiana, but did you know he was born just one day before another country music icon? It's true. Faron was born February 25, 1932 and the next day, up north in Arkansas, Johnny Cash was born. 2 of the greatest country music legend's entered the world less than 24 hours apart!
2) Most folks know that Faron was a major superstar in the era of the 1950's, but did you know Faron briefly dated a young lady named Billie Jean Jones? Never heard of her? Well, she later married Hank Williams....and Johnny Horton!
3) As mentioned above, Faron may well be best remembered for the Willie Nelson penned 'Hello Wall's', but did you know that wasn't Faron's first number one hit? Nope, Faron got to #2 on the chart's in 1954 with 'If You Ain't Lovin' (You Ain't Livin') and his follow-up became his first #1 in 1955, a song called 'Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young'.
4) A lot of country music fan's know that Faron was called 'The Singing Sheriff' after he appeared in a number of Hollywood Western movies. But did you know his band was called 'The Country deputies'? I guess no reason to break up a successful theme!
5) Some people probably know that Faron married a lady named Hilda Macon back in the early 1950's. But did you know Hilda was the Great Granddaughter of one of the earliest legendary names in Country/Western/Hillbilly Music, Uncle Dave Macon?
6) And sadly, most people know that the great Faron Young committed suicide in December of 1996 at the age of 64. But did you know he was cremated and his ashes were spread over Old Hickory Lake outside Nashville...at Johnny and June Carter Cash's home?